Purpose

My new trainee technician came to me brandishing his Nokia N70. I was told that his battery was flat and needed to borrow my hand phone battery for a little while.

I took out my not-so-new Nokia 6600, grinned and asked, “Do you know the difference between your hand phone and mine?”

He shook his head not knowing what to say...

I told him victoriously that the difference was that my hand phone though old was alive and his though new was dead.

Upon reflection later that very day, it dawned on me that a hand phone that can not function (or a dead phone) is just another piece of junk. It reminded me of Jesus telling his disciples that if salt (NaCl) loses its taste, it is good for nothing and can only be thrown out to be trampled under people’s feet.

If I do not serve my purpose on earth, then I am just like the dead phone. If I do not serve my purpose for which I am created, I am good for nothing and will be thrown out to be trampled. Just like the salt is created to make food tastier, to disinfect (killing germs) and to preserve food, I am also created for a specific reason and a unique purpose.

What is my purpose on earth? I need to confirm my purpose on earth, or I can never serve the purpose for which I am created...

Purpose? What purpose? Serve what purpose? Like the X-Files, I want to believe. However unlike the X-Files, I believe that the truth is not OUT THERE; the truth is IN HERE (in the depths of my being)... And I believe the truth will be unveiled in God’s time...

Comments

  1. I wonder how God would see and treat us once we're no longer salt of the earth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment