Closing Door - Opening Door



The closing of one door opens another.

We came to celebrate farewell as the ISO team of my former company. The four of us were appointed as DQMRs (Deputy Quality Management Representatives) in the company, assisting the QMR (Quality Management Representative) and maintaining the integrity of the ISO System.

That was a job that no one wanted to take up, an extra chore that nobody wanted to get involved (or hooked) with. It was extra because taking up the responsibility would not be paid for. During the year-end employee appraisal, no matter how hard you worked as a DQMR, it was also not taken into consideration. You just would not get any advantage of being a DQMR.

Out of the four of us, I could proudly say that despite my main responsibility as an Engineer, Ruth and I were the strongest supporters of the ISO system. Many people discouraged me from getting involved saying that was a waste of time and energy, and that I should be more focused. But I cling onto the belief that no matter how small a task was, as long as it was assigned to me by the management, I would do it the best I could.

So I was, for two and a half years, besides my main responsibility as an engineer, was ‘stupidly’ doing extra chores that nobody wanted to do. I never believed that what I have learnt or done would go wasted: God has a plan. Now, I got two offers to work as Management Consultant in two different local firms.

I believe Mother Theresa was right when she said, “Do small things with great love”. No matter how small a deed, as long as I do it with great love, the impact is eternal.

The closing of one door opens another... I am looking into the future with great hope.

Comments

  1. Nice photos! Having fun with your camera, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will see greater things... Hehehe...

    Oh yes, I had lots of fun with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, you can get the food from the Dim Sum buffet at the Equatorial Hotel, Bandar Baru Bangi.

    But trust me, you can get better Dim Sum at Fu Shan, Ipoh. There is another shop in Kuchai Lama that also serves very good Dim Sum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment