Gazing into Eternity

I was trapped in the traffic jam from PJ back to Kelana Jaya and to Serdang. Crawling along the Federal Highway. I noticed how the environment shaped me, I felt anger, frustration and tension within me on a Wesak replacement holiday. The traffic jam has turned me into a monster. The next thing I knew I was cursing and started queue cutting and zigzaging on the bumper-to-bumper road.

I do not know why. I hate the way I behave but traffic jam or even the thought of it always makes me behave irrationally. I guess I do not like to be trapped in the middle of nowhere. The sense of guilt that I should have spent my time in a more constructive manner always drives me up the wall.

Yesterday, after going through the massive jam, I reached my destination two-and-a-half hour later. While calming myself before meeting my friend, I was struck by the glorious sunset.

Time has as if come to an abrupt halt. It was no longer about race against time, or about things yet to be accomplished. Neither was it about the schedule to be met, nor preparation to be made.

At that particular moment, I thought I have a glimpse of God's glory. At that moment, I thought I have gazed into eternity.




Comments