Taking “Light” Lightly

I found this interesting excerpt from the book named, “Capturing the Light” by Steve Meltzer.

“We live in a light-filled world that we mostly taken for granted. All too easily we become inured to our surroundings, hurrying everywhere and hardly noticing the various and beautiful ways that light illuminates our daily life. Yet every once in a while we come face to face with something like a huge tropical sun sitting over the ocean, or mist-filled morning sunrise, perhaps even light streaming through a window, and for a moment it reawakens our appreciation of light.

Light has always been fascinating. It changes constantly with the time of the day, the season of the year, the weather, and even with location. Its variety is infinite, wondrous, and always surprising.”

The excerpt resonates with the Gospel according to John 8: 12, where Jesus proclaims that He is the Light of the world… and whoever follows Him will have the light of life… never to walk in darkness...

I am reminded of my spiritual blindness towards to goodness of life: how I am inured to my everyday life, living for the sake of living.

But now, I am invited to stop dwelling in my own shadow but to turn my face to the Light, trust the Light, be comfortable with the Light and to walk in the Light.

Comments