Chicken Out!

Have been eating chicken all the while but never have I been so afraid of chicken...

I sent three gigantic chickens to the slaughter house yesterday. Each of them weighed 5.4, 5.7 and 5.8kg respectively. So in my car, two chickens were taking the back seat, and the fierce one was sitting next to me.

Two times on the journey, the fierce one in front, flew out of the box, sitting next to me. I was like an exorcist, commanding the chicken to "be quiet", pulled over by the roadside and to timidly grab the chicken by its feet and gently squeeze it back into the box.

St. Francis of Assisi must have interceded for me as I reached safely at the slaughter house. I told the chickens softly that, "It is the Lord who has created you. And He has given you a purpose..."

The fierce one was first removed from the car without much difficulties because the box was single-sharing. When I was removing the two chickens that squeezed themselves in the twin-sharing box, I must have tilted the box slightly... Frightened, the chickens flapped their wings frantically, struggling for freedom.

In the commotion, the box of two chickens was toppled while I was struggling to balance it, and the chickens fell into a heap. In the taming of the chickens, my spectacles almost fell off; and one of the chickens gave me a kangaroo kick, leaving a scratch mark on my arm.

When the whole "chicken-out" experience was over, I was glad that I survived the "test"... And the challenge ended with feathers in my mouth and chicken shit in my car seat...


(Preparation for Chinese New year celebration)

Comments