The Past Haunts

I have moved to my new room in Kelana Jaya for about two week without me knowing it. I have therefore left Bandar Baru Bangi where I used to stay for good, so I thought. Who knows the past still haunts!

Remember my housemate (now ex-housemate) that I mentioned in “Give Me Space”? She was kind of the “pioneer” or person-in-charge of the house. She has refused to return my deposit and other household related funds amounting to about RM800 on the excuse that I have left without giving two-month notice.

She was wrong because she has failed to realize that the deposit was collected in order to replace any damage if any caused by the tenant who in this case was me. Since I did not cause any damage to the room, she should return the deposit to me. The other household related funds (for example the sharing of the water filter and washing machine) should be returned to me as well after my moving out.

Furthermore, I have actually informed her about my moving out in advance and have found a tenant to take over the room. In that case, the new tenant was supposed to pay the deposit and rental for the room. However she, being choosy and paranoid, has chased the new tenant away. She forced the new tenant to vacate the room within short notice just because she did not like the new tenant. The room is now vacant; no one is paying for the room rental and she has wanted to use my RM800++ to pay for the rental!

When I tried to reason with her, all she could tell is “my boyfriend and I have no money, please don’t force us!”

Mind you she is a PHD student under scholarship; and her boyfriend who is working with Oil & Gas Company enjoys RM7000++ monthly salary.

Comments

  1. How selfish of her...
    You would have just stayed there without paying the rent until the RM800 is used up.
    Of course, it'll a lil too late.
    What next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's next? Good question... The next thing is to meet up with her and talk to her face to face. She is currently in Singapore and will only be back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you are not staying with her anymore.
    No matter how bad it is, this will be the final arguement between u2.
    Did I make you feel better now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I am okay. Just surprised to encounter such kind of people...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment