Till Then; Till When?

Readiness... How ready is ready?

After gaining some strength, St Ignatius has already believed that he was ready to move on to another chapter of life. He was so determined to leave his “comfort zone” that nothing could dissuade him. He knew he was ready for the journey ahead of him. Wouldn’t it be a bit too impulsive for him to act based on his own “feel”? I guess this is called faith - the believing in things that are not tangible.

It reminds me of Prince Caspian kneeling before King Aslan. He remained kneeling before Aslan though he was asked to rise because he felt he was not worthy and not ready for whatever that would come his way. And King Aslan simply replied him saying, “That is exactly why you are (ready)!”

I know this thing will never take place in reality. Jesus will never appear and tell me whether I am ready or not for the journey. It is all about the “moving feel”, I believe. Until the day, when I am willing to acknowledge the movement within myself and my life that tells me “Yes, I am ready”, until I am courageous enough to put my best leg forward with strong faith in God and in myself, only then things will change, the path before me will open up and my eyes will see the marvels of my Lord.

Till then; till when?

[Reflection on Autobiography of St. Ignatius, Para. 12]

Comments