Clean & Unclean

Define “clean” & “unclean”.

My version of “clean” means there could be certain allowable dust or dirt; but things or environment must be free of bacteria or viruses. I can be a paranoid when it comes to fighting bacteria or viruses, to the extent that I have to ensure the scouring pad, table cloth etc be properly disinfected at regular intervals.

I was regarded as unclean last week when I was suffering from flu. Due to the abrupt change of weather and the lack of water intake, I was suffering from dehydration and running nose. I was literally sneezing and trying to block the oozing flow of mucus from my nostrils. And even friends covered their nose with hand or even hair, keeping me at arm’s length for fear of getting infected by the disease.

Reading Iris’ blog and looking at people around me, I knew I was not alone. Many were infected with flu, fever and some were even suspected to have contracted A-influenza. The challenging part has yet to come. I needed to meet up with customers; I have got customers to attend to.

Last Wednesday, I went to my client’s factory and was stopped by the security guard and was asked to declare my health status. I struggled within me, whether to be honest and tell them that I had flu or to remain silent about it. I might not be allowed to enter the premise if I told them that I had flu, I told myself. Then I realized that I could not be so selfish and in addition, I did not think I could hold my breath any longer and abstain myself from sneezing.

I admitted that I had flu, was asked a few questions and was lucky enough to be granted an entry. However I was required to wear a facial mask.

And there before my client for about an hour or so, I was masked. I had to conduct my presentation with my nose and mouth covered. It was so inconvenient to speak with a mask on, and it was so difficult to breath, and it was distracting to keep adjusting the mask so that it would not fall off.

At the end of the presentation, the facial mask was wet with my sweat, saliva and the mucus… Gosh, I could not wait to flee to clean my face. And the client was courteous enough to sit patiently until the presentation and discussion ended.

Yeah, health is wealth. Sometimes I tend to think that I am invincible. Such experience has somehow prompted me to take my health more seriously. And now I feel “clean” again…

(Italiannies, Mid Valley Megamall)

Comments

  1. Ooooooh, i LOVE the pic of the oil being poured. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Did not expect comment because this blog post is still under construction... ;>

    Something is wrong with blogspot. You see I was trrying to copy & paste what I have typed in Word to my blog post but failed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try copy and paste in notepad..i had problem too, few days ago..or maybe, try to refresh the page, and try again.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the third photo, too. Nice :)And I love the last food =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, not third photo. Mistaken. It's the second photo I meant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big gang out there.
    So when are you going to buy me a dinner at Italiannies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, tried your advice. It did not work. Perhaps problem with the service vendor. And I am too lazy to type again. Double work. Will wait until Blogspot rectifies the problem. Hope they are aware of it though.

    Iris, yeah, I love the picture of the olive oil being poured out generously. Oosh, like "the grace being poured onto your lap, overflowing..."

    Sista, yes, wait till your are in KL. I will bring you there... But you pay kay... Yes, a whole bunch of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment