Malaysia Boleh?

The other day in the office, I received a phone call from a local university. They were seeking for ways to improve their university. I was overjoyed since the man from this university who called showed interest in my company.

I explained to him my company, the services that we provide and further elaborated on the approach that we would deploy in improving their current practices. And I thought I had made an impression on him.

At the end of the conversation, he wanted more information from me about my company and the improvement plans. To which, I was very glad and I assured him that we were available for further discussion at his convenience at his premise.

He then asked, “Is your company a bumiputra (Malay based) company?” At that, I was shocked and it took me a couple of seconds to re-gather my thoughts. I told him straight in the face that my company was not a bumiputra company. From the way, he put it; I knew for sure my company would not be able to get the project.

I remember when Barrack Obama was elected as the first US black president, everyone in Malaysia was overjoyed. But the idea of having a Prime Minister of other race in Malaysia was, without second thought, rejected. And I was told, "Because you guys have not been circumcized!"

Up there, Najib is using the empty slogan “1 Malaysia”. The slogan sounds nice but without a soul for he himself together with his little napoleons are still exercising race-based politics and using divide-and-rule tactics.

Malaysia boleh?

Sure or not…

We still have a long way to go.

(Pedas-Linggi)

Comments