Finding God In Badminton



In a badminton doubles, it always amazes me because a pair of players has to display good teamwork and superb skills in order to gain the upper hand. I wonder how they communicate with each other during the game when the shuttlecock is flying around. They hardly talk, nor gesture; yet they understand each other well as if they can read each other’s mind. They know when they must strike and when to let their partner make the move. They trust each other.
.
Today, I see myself teaming with God in a badminton game. God is on my side. The shuttlecock is rocketing to our territory. There are times that God will strike because the shuttlecock is somehow out of my reach. There are times He knows that I can stop the advancing of the shuttlecock, and therefore He leaves it to me. He knows my capabilities: He will not leave the shuttlecock to me if I cannot handle it.

.
Sometimes, I have acted or reacted towards threats as if I am alone, as if there is no God. I have not trusted Him. I am sceptical that His grace is enough for me.
.
Now, I must do what I can do. What I cannot, I need to let go, knowing that it is time for God to make His move, and be confident that God will act. I must know my Partner and learn to trust my Partner as He has known me and trusted me.
.
.
(Teh Tarik on Theology: In All Things, Find God)

Comments

  1. You played badminton? Hard to imagine. :o
    I never have a chance to play with you, at least not for the past 15 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment