Take It?

Yes, I know. I am still dwelling on Sunday because last Sunday was so extraordinarily ordinary.

It was during the Eucharistic Celebration, when the hymn was sung. I could not remember exactly the whole lyric but then “Take My Feet” and “Take My Eyes” were sung…

I wondered what “Take My Feet” and “Take My Eyes” would mean. It reminded me of another occasion where the song actually asked the Lord to “break me”. Sudden fear gripped me. And it was intriguing whether the rest would really reflect on what they prayed.

“What if the Lord is to take my feet and my hand but not using them?” Would I still be faithful?

I hope to have the courage to pray and mean what St Ignatius prayed and meant, “Take all that I have and I am… to be disposed according to Your will.”

(walking around Guilin in one day)

Comments