Saturday Night Fever

It was Saturday night. And guess what normal people would do?

Some would spend their Saturday night at the comfort of their homes, in front of TV or with family. It was time for relaxation. Some would prefer to do some shopping or sipping of tea or coffee at Starbucks as the busy week ended. Some would prefer deafening music and dazzling lights of the pubs. Some went for “Transformers”; others opted for a game of badminton or soccer. My housemates had a terrific time with their dentist, and I have chosen the road least travelled...

I was back in office after dinner. It was dark. And the road leading to my office was poorly lighted by the streetlights. Why would I go back to office at such odd hours?

I spent more than two hours in the office – doing house-keeping. I vacuumed the carpet, tidied up the files and documents, and scrubbed the toilet. After all the hard work, the office looked refreshed. And trust me, even the toilet bowl was glistening under the fluorescent light.

Mother Theresa once said, “Do small things with great love.” At the end of the night, all my hard work was rewarded with genuinely deep sense of fulfillment.

(Top: Johor Bahru; bottom: office)

Comments

  1. You scrubbed the office toilet?!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I scrubbed the toilet... =) So?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good for you, Edwin. I should learn to put such love into my own work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I thought you are more passionate when it comes to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Edwin.. You really put much effort and love in your work. I don't think I'll go to the extend of vaccum & scrubbing the toilet. And I've forgotten when is the last time I put love into my work :(
    You did it well. I should pick up the good values from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I have more toilets to wash... :>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment