Taking For Granted

How often I have taken the people around me for granted?

It was Tuesday night when I received the bad news that he has been rushed to IJN for immediate surgery due to serious bleeding from the main vessels of the heart. I was shocked with disbelief for I was supposed to meet him up the next day. Life can be so fragile.

I remembered seeing him talking to a couple outside his residence on Sunday, two days before the incident. I was prompted to walk forward to greet him but at that time I was wet with sweat and I just walked away. “Next time perhaps,” I told myself. “There is always a tomorrow.”

What if tomorrow never comes? If I have seized the day, and did what my heart has prompted me to do, I would not have regretted now.

In the silence of my heart, I pray that God will do what He sees fit.

(Garden of Eden)

Comments