Blessed Christmas!

My non-Christian friends asked me how I celebrated Christmas.

They were bewildered when I told them that I celebrated Christmas in very simple ways. There were no glittering lights, fancy decorations, gifts, roast turkeys... They were even shocked by the fact that there were no Christmas trees, nor Santa Claus.

Clearly they could not understand how my family and I celebrated Christmas without all these "necessities".

And I had to explain to them time and again what was the difference between faith and culture, worship and practices.

There is no glittering light as compared to Jesus, the Light of the world.

There is no banquet as compared to the banquet of the Lord, the foretaste of the heavenly feast.

When my friend asked me for Christmas gift, I told him that there was no gift as compared to Jesus Christ, the greatest gift from our Father.

There is simply no Christmas without Christ. The celebration of Christmas is not just about the Birth of Christ two thousand years ago. Indeed Christ has come, and in the Memorial Acclamation, we profess that Christ will come again. As we celebrate the Birth of Christ, may we prepare and be ready for His second coming.

And yes, "He will come again in glory, to judge the living and the dead."

Blessed Christmas!

Comments