Stereotyping?

.
I was very amused reading from Malaysian Insider an article titled "Study Claims Married Men Nicer, Better Behaved".

Ha, such profound insights!

I scrolled down to read and it said, "By the age of 29, unmarried man has an average of 1.3 antisocial behaviours, compared with 0.8 among married man."

So I am antisocial then. It could be true huh?

It reminded me of another scenario when a 17-year-old boy asked me how I survived so long without marriage or sex. And he even jokingly called me "old virgin"!

In one TV show aired a couple of years back, a woman was lamenting that "good men are hard to find: they are all married; or else they must be either priests or gay."

So at my age, I am an antisocial "old virgin" who is either a priest or gay. Oh gosh, I am so beyond redemption!

Comments

  1. Mmmm... why suddenly so sensitive with this matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the proper word to be used in this context is "reflective" instead of "sensitive".

    It's Ignatian..

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason to be reflective on this context. But with the article from the Malaysian Insider, it triggers you to remember the scenario as well as the tv show that you had recalled.
    This 'trigger' made a person to be sensitive which also affects/hurts the person's perception of himself.

    It's just my opinion that you seem sensitive and sad about it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since it's Ignatian... :)
    What's the next step with this realisation in this reflection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I am amused by all these and not feeling upset.

    I respect these comments but I do not agree with them. I won't live my life at the comments of other without first reflecting and pondering about them.

    We have to often been told what we ought to do, how we ought to behave and who we ought to be. Unsuspectingly, we are programmed and pressured to be someone we are not or do things we hate.

    And I am not a conformist though I look like one. =p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment