Patience

Patience is a virtue.

I always told myself that in God’s own time, things would fall in place. And I needed to be patient with God.
.
However, there was a whole shift during prayer on Tuesday. In saying I needed to be patient with God, I was actually implying that God was kind of slow in carrying out what He was supposed to do. It cast bad light upon God that He was inefficient and did not manage His time well; and therefore I had to be patient and wait.
.
I suddenly realized that God was actually swift in His action. It was me that was inefficient and God, being a patient God had to wait for me instead.

Very often, I am disappointed with my own self, give up hope and get angry with God. But He is always gentle and patient. His gentleness and patience have made me think He is not doing anything. In actual fact, His being there with me is his greatest act of love.

I used to pray for patience in dealing with God. Now I see that I need to be patient with my own self rather than with God.
.
(Museu de Macau)

Comments